Using Google Tag Manager is a great way to install the Click Guardian tracking code. Not only is it fast to setup but it can quite often already be installed on your website. This is usually the case if you have an agency looking after your Google Ads or a dedicated Google Ads account manager. If you need any help with this, then give us a call on 01245 206211 or email [email protected] and one of the team will assist where possible.
Below we give you the steps involved to get you setup!
Installing Click Guardian tracking code using Google Tag Manager:
Visit: https://tagmanager.google.com, You will need your Google account login for this. Once you are successfully logged in:
- Click on the container name:
2. Click Add New Tag
3. Name the Tag: Click Guardian and click on the choose tag type icon
4. Select the Custom HTML Tag
5. Copy 'n Paste Click Guardian Tracking Code from your dashboard https://protection.clickguardian.co.uk / Tracking Code making sure you have copied the code exactly containing all tags and brackets. Then click on Advanced
6. Click on Choose a trigger to make this tag fire / round icon:
7. Click on All Pages and click Save in the top right corner
8. Once saved you will need to Submit & Publish the changes - click Submit in the top right corner.
9. Click on Publish
If you don't have Google Tag Manager installed yet but would still like to install the Click Guardian tracking code using it, then you can follow Googles setup procedures here: https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6103696?hl=en
If you have any problems following these steps please contact [email protected].